Facebook event page
The Vintage Monkey - Shasta Smith
400 N. 16th Street, Sacramento, California 95811
An evening workshop on business, protocols, and experiences with Shasta Smith
Friday February 22nd 2019 from 7pm – 9pm (Doors open for drinks/socializing at 6:30pm) This class is $30 which includes your seat reservation and a hosted drinks.
A brief background: Shasta Smith is the business owner of Vintage Monkey, located in downtown Sacramento, CA. It serves as both vintage motorcycle restoration shop with a 2-year waiting list, and a stunning event venue surrounded by a historic exhibit. Shasta has spent time in the TV world with an internationally syndicated TV show, has an award-winning background in interior architecture and is a former college instructor.
Now in business for 19 years, I’m an open book to business successes and failures through my eyes.
This class/lecture will be open to all people interested in opening a business or who currently have a business. SEATING IS BY RESERVATION then first come first serve (we have 50 seats, then its standing room only) Visit: TheVintageMonkey.com/classes
to reserve a seat with your name on it!!!
Focus topics will be (but are not limited to):
• Licensing, permits, insurances and liabilities
• Do I lease a location or work from home
• Understanding leases and your responsibilities
• How to be creative and properly run a business
• How to do it on your own!
• Are business plans necessary?
• Pressures our friends and community put on us in business
• Public relations and media interaction
• The pros and cons of social media
• Contracts; the good and the ugly
• Working with government agencies
• Trademarks and Copyright
• Ways to work with an attorney
• Best practices for dealing with conflict and resolution
• Employees and/or no employees
• Websites, graphic design and its influence on your customers
• Working with what you have
• To borrow money or Not to borrow money, options
• Do I need and investor?
• Are you doing it for money or are you doing it out of passion
• Yelp, Google, Bing…and everything in between
• Shasta professionally critiques concepts you bring in to share.
• Q&A: The purpose of this is for YOU to gain information for your own success.
Located at: Vintage Monkey 400 N16th Street, Sacramento, CA 95811