Come join us at the Blue Lamp and help raise awareness about the important work The Godmothers are doing in our community! Andru Defeye & Gabriell Garcia have organized an awesome evening of hip hop music and poetry, with all benefits going to The Godmothers. Come out listen to some of Sacramentos best artists and enjoy a drink, with a full bar, with awesome bar tenders, and reasonable prices.
The Godmothers provide support for the immediate needs of local, under-served families — unhoused, undocumented and very low income folks. Families who slip through the cracks, need a little help getting through the month, or who are unable to access state aid. They need your help raising funds, so they can continue to meet these needs in our community.
The Godmothers are always in need of donations of formula, diapers and wipes. For formula donations, the greatest need is for Enfamil (only), Gentleease, Regular infant 0-12, and Pro Sobee. These are some of the formulas provided by WIC. They only cover about 60% of what a baby consumes in a month, so the Godmothers try and supplement the other 40%.
Diapers needed in sizes Newborn, 3,4,5,6, also pullups in sizes 2-3T & 4-5T.
Cost: Sliding scale $5 to $20, diapers/wipes or Enfamil formula
The newest member of the Sol Life record label, The Philharmonik brings a revitalizing sense of urgency and musical depth to the shallows of the current mainstream Hip Hop landscape. 2018’s self titled The Philharmonik plays like John Legend had a time machine and traveled back to grab J. Dilla and Stevie Wonder to have a jam session. Already capturing the eye of West Coast music lovers and critics alike, the 24 year old’s self-titled release takes listeners on a journey from soulful R&B and runs the gamut to Funk and Trap to Trip Hop and Future House. Talented and versatile, passionate and personal, The Philharmonik is a refreshingly creative force whether singing, rapping, producing, playing keys, or engineering a session.
Hear more at Soundcloud.com/ThePhilharmonik
Paul Willis is a hip-hop artist, educator and community organizer, who works to create positive community building experiences through art, engagement and service. Whether he's in classrooms, or street corners or corporate boardrooms, his pillars of Hip-Hop, Education, Social Justice and Building Community guide his leadership and involvement in the Sacramento region.
For more music and information, you can follow @paulwillisishiphop on Facebook and Instagram.
LIVE BAND CYPHER
ZFG Founder and Live Beatmaker Extraordinaire Andru Defeye has invited some of the best musicians in the city to come get down in this one-of-a-kind performance free for all. All emcees, poets, and singers welcome.
A phenomenon in its own right, Drunk Poetry is a series of games centered around lewd and lascivious literature. Games include the Gangster Rap Poetry Recital, Dirty Haiku, and more…
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device